Hello and welcome to the Flinders University New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program in Australia, here on this portal we will be guiding you on how to apply for this scholarship and giving the exact requirement and the easy way to apply for the Flinders University New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program in Australia.
This article will be a cornerstone and the bridge between you and the school offering the scholarship, to successfully apply for this scholarship, read through and take advantage of this opportunity.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program, launched in 2014, strives to lift knowledge in Australia of the Indo-Pacific by supporting Australian undergraduates to study and undertake internships in the region.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program offers around 120 scholarships yearly to a diverse cohort of Australian undergraduates studying a variety of disciplines in up to 40 Indo-Pacific locations.
Students undertake offshore programs including study, language training, and an internship and/or mentorship for up to 19 months. The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program has an active alumni community, supporting past Scholars to share their experiences, boost the NCP and continue to develop knowledge of and professional links with the Indo-Pacific.
The Strategic Objective of the program is to strengthen Australia’s regional standing by building a diverse cohort of Australian alumni with deeper Indo-Pacific knowledge, capacity, and connections.
The intended outcomes of the NCP are:
- increased number and diversity of Australian university undergraduates with Indo-Pacific capability
- more profound people-to-people and institutional relationships between Australia and the Indo-Pacific region, and
- students and alumni connected with leaders in government, business, and civil society in the Indo-Pacific.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Mobility Grant will entitle the student to a funded study of up to 19 months, including language training, industry internship, and/or mentorships in the Indo-Pacific region.
Eligibility for New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
To be qualified for a New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program, and to remain qualified during their Scholarship program, a candidate must:
- be nominated for the NCP Scholarship Program by their home university
- be an Australian citizen
- not be a recent citizen or permanent resident of their proposed host location(s)
- be registered in and undertaking, until completion of all study components of the New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program, at least one Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree at an Australian campus of an Australian university. (If a Scholar concludes their home degree requirements upon the completion of the compulsory study component of their NCP Scholarship Program, they may apply to DFAT for approval to continue to undertake any remaining component(s) of their NCP Scholarship Program. This will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)
- be between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) for non-Indigenous applicants, or between 18 and 35 years of age (inclusive) for Indigenous applicants, on 1 January 2022
- have attained a minimum 70 percent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application, as determined by the nominating home university
- not be a prior recipient of an NCP Scholarship, and
- not be an employee of the branch of DFAT that administers the NCP.
Students must continue to meet these eligibility requirements during the term of their Scholarship.
Unless otherwise authorized by DFAT, Scholars may not start another offshore scholarship or mobility grant while undertaking their Scholarship program.
Only scholars nominated by their home university can apply for a Scholarship. Students interested in applying for a Scholarship should contact the NCP Liaison Officer for Scholarships or the international office of their home university.
Each Australian university may nominate up to ten students registered at that university without rating them. Each Australian university determines its process for selecting nominees, but should consider the eligibility requirements and assessment criteria.
How to Apply for New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
To express interest in being nominated for this New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program contact the Learn Without Borders team.
For further inquiries, visit Flinders University’s website.
Make sure you apply for this scholarship correctly, if you have any challenge while applying for this scholarships, please contact the support and create a support ticket, your problem will be solved as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply