Over 130,000 foreign students opt to study at universities and other institutions in Canada each year. Canada is not only a well-liked nation but also welcoming to immigrants.
It is made even more tempting by their excellent educational system, which is built on interdisciplinary studies, fantastic facilities, and teaching transferrable skills. For these reasons, a lot of students search for Canadian student visas in order to pursue higher education in Canadian colleges and universities while studying abroad.
But how challenging is it to obtain a Canadian study permit, often known as a student visa for Canada? In order to ensure that you are successful on your first try, we will provide you with all the information you will need in this article to assist you in the application process for a Canadian student visa.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
If you are an international student who is thinking of studying in Canada, there are a few things to keep in mind before processing the application for a study permit. If your country is not on Canada’s list of visa-exempt countries, then there will likely be some extra paperwork that needs to be filled out. Read on for more information about how to apply for a Canada student visa and what documents are needed.
The Canada Student Visa is a document that allows foreign nationals to study in Canada. It typically provides two years of study or research, after which the individual has the option to extend their stay in Canada. The Canadian visa application process requires an impressive amount of paperwork, but it can be achieved by following these simple steps:
1. Apply at a Canadian University and get your Acceptance Letter
Before beginning the student visa application process, it is advisable to obtain an acceptance letter from any Canadian university you intend to study. The acceptance letter will play a vital role and will be required for the visa application.
We recommend the following Canadian universities:
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Manitoba
- University of Toronto
- University of Winnipeg
- York University
2. Start your Application for the Canadian Student Visa
After obtaining your acceptance letter from any of the above universities, the next step is to apply for a Canadian study permit, which is best known as a Canadian student visa. The following procedures will walk you through the application processes.
- You can apply online for your Canadian student visa on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before arriving in Canada.
- If you cannot submit the documents online, send the visa application documents by post.
- Provide the acceptance letter you obtained from any of the above higher learning institutions.
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources (tuition fees and living expenses) to support your studies in Canada.
- Submit complete medical examinations that state you are in good health.
- Present proof confirming you have no criminal record.
3. Prepare all the Required Documents for the Student Visa in Canada
- Filled-in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from any of our recommended university
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country.
- Proof of financial support during your study programme. (You must have between 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year for living in the country).
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD)
- A letter of intent
For more recent details on the Canadian student visa, you can visit the Canadian government’s official student visa page. I hope this information was useful. If so, kindly divulge.
Leave a Reply